Monday, July 16, 2007

Swim Results

Thank you for supporting me by making a donation to the 2007 Swim Across America event. As I sit here sunburned, sore, and tired after a weekend of swimming, I can reflect on the smiles of the children at the Jimmy Fund. With water temps ranging from 57-63 degrees and jelly fish on Friday in the Boston Harbor, I was rallied by my swimmers from Cambridge Masters to return to cold water on Saturday morning for the beach swim at Nantasket Beach. I, personally, raised $3,935, and along with 13 Cambridge Masters Members, we raised $14715. In total, Swim Across America-Boston raised over $300,000 from this year’s events.

Here are a few pictures from the events of the weekend – Boston Harbor Swim



Just before Boston Light and the water temp is 57° & I think a shortie wet suit is okay. What was I thinking?(I’m in the center in line with the light house)



This is on the way back. In the 2 ½ foot swells, it made going by Logan Airport less than fun.

– THANK YOU – Scott



Scott VanKuilenburg

No comments: