Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dana Farber Cancer Institute

Hello Everyone,

As most of you may know, I have spent the last year coaching college and masters swimmers how to swim faster and more efficiently. It has been a rewarding and fulfilling year, and I am beginning to get myself back into the pool and back into shape. My return to long workouts and thousands of meters of swimming is motivated by my desire to help raise money for Dana Farber Cancer Institute. I am hoping that you will support me in my goal to reach $500.

On Thursday July 13th, along with a hand full of talented and gifted swimmers who support Swim Across America, I will once again spend the morning at Dana Farber visiting with young children who have cancer. Two days later on Saturday July 15th, I will be participating in a COLD water (sub 65 degrees), one-mile swim at Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA. This swim is not about finishing first, it is about raising money for the children who so bravely fight cancer.

If you would like to support me, please choose one or more of the following options:

1) Donate to the Swim Across America event. I have set up a secure on line donation website at http://www.active.com/donate/nantasket06/ScottVanK

2) Swim one of the Swim Across America events. Register at http://www.swimacrossamerica.com/get_involved.html

3) Volunteer for one of the Swim Across America events at http://www.swimacrossamerica.com/volunteer.html

4) Forward this email to anyone who might want to volunteer or donate to Swim Across America


If you have any questions about the event please email me at scotswim@rcn.com

SWIMcerely Fast,
Scott

No comments: