Sunday, April 17, 2005

Good Luck to TJ! Posted by Hello
You can track TJ's progress by clicking on the following link -

http://www.bostonmarathon.org/
Bib # 20453


The following is from Tom Johnson-
On April 18th 2005, I will be competing in my 8th consecutive Boston Marathon. It is 26.2 miles of both exhilaration and pain. Each year since 1998, I have laced up the sneakers and run the marathon for a purpose. This year my running has taken on a new purpose. I am now training and running to help The ALLY FOUNDATION. The Ally Foundation was established in memory of Alexandra Zapp and exists to safeguard the lives of women. Alexandra was murdered in 2003 at the age of 30. The goal of the foundation is to prevent future tragedies by educating the public about violent crime against women and advocating for improvements relating to the safety and welfare of women. Please see the foundation website at www.theallyfoundation.org for more information. I am committed to completing the marathon. While I know the running of the marathon is something I will have to go at alone, the other challenge is the one I truly need your help with. This year I am committed to raising $2,500 by April 18, 2005.

As in all cases, losing a loved one is a tragic and a devastating experience. It is a subject that really hits close to home for my family. My grandmother, Lillian Johnson, was a victim to violent crime in 1984. The memories of my grandmother and the knowledge that I am running for a group that advocates for the prevention of violence will be my constant reminder that I am contributing to the efforts to prevent future tragedies and that will take me across the 26.2-mile journey.

Training for the marathon is a major challenge, but I have done it before and I can do it again!!! It is a rewarding endeavor and I know the money we raise will help to prevent future tragedies.

I am asking for your moral support and if possible a charitable contribution. Please give as much as you can, but know that every donation helps and is tax-deductible.

Please send your donation made payable to The Ally Foundation to:

Thomas M. Johnson
47 Ninth Street
Charlestown, MA 02129

No comments: