Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Heading to the primer of Fever Pitch tonight at Fenway Park.
Posted by Hello

Click here for the Boston Globes review of "Fever Pitch"
http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=7188

One funny story from last night--
Leaving Fenway Park last night (heading to the movie theater) we noticed a HUGE line outside the movie theater. J.R. Assured me we had passes to get right in (basically cutting the 1,500 people trying to get a glimpse of a famous movie \ baseball star). Once we get to the front of the line we were approached by a very unfriendly security guard who barked "where do you think you are going"? We showed our passes and were then greeted with "I'm very sorry gentleman, right this way" (lifting up the velvet rope to let us in). At this point we looked like we were "important"... I take this opportunity to stop, look up to the huge crowd (sitting in football style bleachers) and make a dramatic wave with my arm followed by blowing kisses and saying "Thank You" to the crowd... The crowd started to get excited and was cheering wildly (snapping pictures like crazy)... There was a buzz in the crowd saying "who is that"???

I think even Ted Williams would flip over in his freezer after witnessing my pathetic display.

By the way-- I give this movie 4 baseballs out of 10

No comments: